top of page
University of California, Davis
Dept. of Wildlife, Fish & Conservation Biology
Coastal and Marine Sciences Institute
(Bodega Marine Laboratory)
LECTURE 11 (12/8/18): Alternative Energy Sources &
• Update on COP-24 in Katowice, Poland
• Projection rates for reducing atmospheric CO2
• IPCC and recent National Climate Assessments summaries
• Residential and grid-scale solar options
• Both solar and wind farms growing rapidly (U.S. & global)
• Electricity storage options
• Going electric/hybrid: cars, trucks, tanks, ferries, battle ships, etc
• Geo-engineering options: crazy to practical...?
• Options: ocean iron fertilization, biochar
• We must ALSO remove CO2 from the atmosphere!
• What can YOU do? Keep educated, educate others, VOTE!
• LINK to Lecture 11A Video - First Half
• LINK to Lecture 11B Video - Second Half
• Back to Syllabus
bottom of page